Position Summary : Will be responsible for all aspects of the infant class room environment including developing a program that accepts and nurtures all children in a calm, loving and committed manner. Will communicate effectively with parents and colleagues; monitoring the safety and cleanliness of the classroom equipment and materials on a daily basis.
Rate of pay: $10.00 per hour. Full time, 40 hours per week with a very generous benefits package!!
Medical, dental, employer paid short term disability, employer paid life insurance, generous employer contribution to retirement after 2 years of service, FREE Family membership to the YMCA, discounts on many Y programs and more.
Essential Function :
- Must have a warm and friendly personality and be sensitive to the needs of others.
- Must have the personality and ability to provide leadership and stability to program continuity.
- Must be able to relate well to children
- Must be able to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with the KV YMCA and Learning Center’s philosophy, mission and vision.
Lead Teacher Job Responsibilities : The following primary responsibilities are required of the individual; however additional responsibilities may be added if deemed necessary by the supervisor or CEO.
- Planning and implementing the daily curriculum centered on developmentally appropriate activities that promote exploration and success for all children based on NAEYC guidelines.
- Being responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance, décor and learning environment, setting up interest centers and preparing needed materials and supplies.
- Gearing the program to the needs of individual children with concern for their interests, handicaps, special talents and individual style and pace of learning.
- Tend to each child’s daily needs. These needs will include, but not limited to; diapering and toileting.
- Follow the KV YMCA Code of Conduct.
- Wear appropriate dress in accordance with the KV YMCA Dress Code.
- Follow appropriate substitute procedures when ill or in the need of time off.
- Work with the other staff members to establish positive communication, cooperation and respect among one another to form a team.
- Participate in two YMCA fundraising events per year chosen by Learning Center Director or designee.
- All other duties as assigned.
Must be 21 years of age and meet one of the following:
- A Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Arts (BS/BA) in Early childhood Education OR
- An associate in Arts/Associate in Science (AA/AS) in Early Childhood Education and three(3) years direct childcare experience OR
- AA/AS in a related field with eighteen(18) credit hours in Early Childhood Education and three(3) year direct childcare experience OR
- BA/BS in a related field with eighteen (18) credit hours in Early Childhood Education and three (3) years direct childcare experience OR
- Child Development Associate (CDA) as awarded by the CDA National Credentialing Program with five(5) years direct childcare experience OR
- Seven (7) years experience in Childcare
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.00 /hour